Saturday 16 August 2014

Why I love sewing

Hi there, one of the reasons I wanted to start this blog was because I wanted to share my love of art and craft, something I get from my mum who is the most talented woman I have ever meet, first up is my love of hand sewing, cross stitch and machine sewing .when I was a girl my mum made my clothes, and ever since then I have wanted to learn to sew, I bought my first sewing machine about a year ago a mini one from John Lewis and I love it to bits anyway this is some of my work, hope you like...
I made my oldest niece this fabric badge , I used the amy tan embroidery stencil for the number and used net and tutu trim she loved it.
Then for Easter this year I made a little fabric bunny as a present for my mum, I her called posie I also made her out of fabric scraps from old clothes.
For Mother's Day this year I made this fabric posie for my mum with leafs, I got the idea out of everything Alice, which is a great book, I used fabric scraps and she loved it.
And finally on my little machine I made this mad hatters patchwork tablecloth out of fabric from my local secondhand shop, I think it looks pretty for a first go.
Be back soon with more stuff

2 comments:

  1. I love your color combination you have a real eye for color and are very talented. Super

    ReplyDelete